Monday, January 12, 2009

Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo Says It Is Hard Being Ronaldo


Speaking on the eve of the announcement of the FIFA World Player Of The Year, Cristiano Ronaldo has said it is hard being him...

The announcement of the FIFA World Player Of The Year is to be made this evening, and Manchester United's Portuguese winger Cristiano Ronaldo is the hot favourite to add to his individual awards of 2008.

Speaking to Sky Sports, Cristiano Ronaldo revealed that is hard being him as people are all to ready to pick up on - and highlight, and emphasise - his mistakes.

"Sometimes its hard to be Cristiano Ronaldo because one mistake and everyone will kill you", he said.

"I know that, but this is normal... this is life, and I'm ready for it."

He continued: "If people put me up, everyone is looking at me waiting for a mistake. You have to play well all the time, which is hard to do.

"I know that last season was not lucky, but I know I can do better, and better. I know I can do that well again.

"It is difficult performing at the top level all the time," he added. "Last season I did brilliant, but this season I've scored ten goals till now, from injury. I feel I can hit good form and the current Cristiano is getting better and better."

Manchester United defeated rivals Chelsea 3-0 at the weekend to move to within five points of Liverpool, with two games in hand.

0 comments:

Post a Comment