Thursday, April 29, 2010

Real Madrid Star Cristiano Ronaldo Could Be Set To Change Clubs Again



Portuguese moved to Spain from United this past summer...

Real Madrid winger Cristiano Ronaldo has hinted that he is planning a future away from the Bernabeu.

Ronaldo, who moved to Madrid from Manchester United for a world-record transfer fee of 80 million pounds last summer, insists he will not spend the rest of his career with the club.

“Football is all about cycles. I believe that you are in teams for cycles. I spent several years wanting to play in Madrid, but I don’t see myself here at 40,” The Daily Express quoted Ronaldo, as saying.

His comment surprisingly comes weeks after Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson said that Ronaldo could make a sensational return to Old Trafford.

Talking about his decision to leave United, Ronaldo said: “Alex Ferguson understood my decision. I continue to talk to him.”

The 25-year-old also expressed disappointment over the prospect of ending the season without any silverware.

“It would be a bad year if we don’t win the league because a club like this has to always win something every year,” Ronaldo said.

“Not winning this year wouldn’t be a failure, but it would be a lost year. But I am confident we can win the league,” he added.

0 comments:

Post a Comment